What is an operator Confirmation Letter?
An operator confirmation letter will say if a person has a drivers licence, but will never show the operator status. Operator status (current or suspended) can only be confirmed by the purchase of a driver’s abstract.
- A vehicle confirmation letter will not contain the registered owner’s name unless the letter is requested by the registered owner OR the registered owner has provided written permission via an Authorization for Vehicle Services (right-click to save/download) to obtain this information.
How do you get a historical confirmation letter of date first licenced?
Option#1: Pay online and come in to the office.
If you’d like to proceed this way (and save a little bit of money), visit this page for more information.
Option #2: Pay online and mail/courier documents to RRR
- Go to a notary public to notarize your form (right-click on the button to save/download) and notarize the copy of your identification.
- Mail in the original notarized form and notarized copy of your identification to Richmond Road Registry.
- Upon receiving your application we will process the letter, which will then be returned via Express Post. See the important note below.
- Note: We cannot fax or e-mail this letter. Express Post to Alberta is included in the price. See below if documents must be sent outside Alberta.
IMPORTANT: If you want the confirmation letter and driver’s abstract delivered to an address outside of Alberta, the price for Express Post delivery is NOT included in this product. You’ll need to add a separate item to your cart to cover the Express Post fee. Select from one below (add to cart), then come back to this product (Confirmation letter (Operator) ONLINE) and add to your cart as well. You’ll also find links to these products in the sidebar.
- Express Post (British Columbia through to Manitoba)
- Express Post (Ontario and East)
- Express Post (United States)
- Express Post (International)
PLEASE NOTE: The fee covers the Confirmation Letter and the 10-Year Abstract.