WHAT IS an alberta class 5 drivers licence?
A Class 5 Alberta Drivers Licence is needed to drive:
- a 2-axle single motor vehicle;
- a recreational vehicle with not more than 3 axles;
- a 2-axle motor vehicle towing a trailer with one or more axles, if the trailer is not equipped with air brakes;
- a 2-axle recreational vehicle towing a trailer with one or
more axles, if the trailer is not equipped with air brakes;
- a 3-axle recreational vehicle and a trailer, if the trailer has
not more than 2 axles and is not equipped with air brakes;
- a moped.
You may not drive a motor vehicle:
- that is a motorcycle;
- that has a seating capacity of more than 15 while that vehicle is transporting any person in addition to the operator;
- that is transporting passengers for hire.
How do you get an Alberta Class 5 licence road test appointment?
- You must be at least 16 years of age or older
- Have had Class 7 learners licence for at least one year
The vehicle you need for your road test is:
- any two axle motor vehicle excluding a motorcycle
Please note: To complete the GDL process you will be eligible to take the Class 5 Advanced Road test in two years.
For information on how to prepare for your road test and the rules associated with the test click here.
You can also rent a vehicle for your test, if needed. Simply click on the button below to book your test.