WHAT IS an alberta class 4 licence?
A Class 4 Alberta Drivers Licence is needed to drive:
- A taxi, ambulance or bus (including school or kindergarten buses) where seating capacity is not over 24, excluding the operator
- All motor vehicles included under Class 5
- All motor vehicles included under Class 1, 2, 3 and 6, for learning only
How do you get an Alberta class 4 licence road test appointment?
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Hold at minimum Class 5 (non-GDL) drivers licence
- Pass the knowledge exam
- Pass vision screening and submit a satisfactory medical exam
- A road test required if operator does not hold a Class 1, 2 or 3 licence
The vehicle you will need for your road test is:
- any two axle motor vehicle, excluding a motorcycle
Please note: For information on how to prepare for your road test and the rules associated with the test click here.
If needed, you can also rent a vehicle for your road test. Click on the button below to get started.